That’s us doing the ‘young people engagement thing’ in a school. Working at Talkwize was like having an explosion of ideas. I love my OTT smile
1997/1 – 6 . Mixed in 1997 this collection of six mixes were mixed with the idea of spending a few hours in a club in mind. Each mix raising the BPM to another level.
Click on the image for the mixes
Clive had a party for Eurovision every year, this year we went, it may have been fancy dress. The UK did win this year
Labour won the general election. I remember walking to work the next day, with hope in my heart ( I was also hungover) and felt great and excited about this amazing change.
We moved to London. Paul was ‘head shrunk’ (or was it hunted) for a job there, so we thought a great deal about it. Making lists and everything, but an impossible decision to make at the time. So we finally decided to toss a corn. Heads for go to London, tails for stay. Best of Three. Heads, Heads. We then made it best of five. Heads, Heads.
I looked for a job there, had one interview that was a mess, part time volunteer coordinator, the 1st question threw me, ‘what cultural dilemmas do you think you will find working here’ – I was a loss for words, I now know that I would respond, ‘questions like those for a start sweet cheeks’
Second interview for Metro Centre in Greenwich, great interview. On train home they called and offered me the job, mad fools.
Some photos of leaving things from the various jobs (4 at the last count) I had in Preston. There was a great community spirit there, of people working together to achieve stuff.
I loved working at Talkwize, I learned so much and so quickly. I was sad to leave there, but happy knowing I had made a difference in some way.
So we moved to London and I started my job one week after Paul started his. It was close to 5th November and every night there seemed to be a celebration of fireworks, was it just for us? I like to think so
Millennium Eve, twas madness, but in a great way. For the first time Shad Thames was ultra busy all day and the BBC made the tension rise with its coverage of worldwide midnights. We made it to Potters Field. Threw the crowd. Then back to ours for a disco!
A selection of #djdAx mixes from 2000
These were the days when emails were sent round, seems so quaint now, anyway, this was sent to a few of us, have included this one and I guess sums up my life at that point in 2000
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 12:13 PM
Subject: got a spare few moments? Alrightie Everyone – a bit of fun, Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of littl eknown facts about your friends.Remember to send yours back to the person who sent it to you. You never know what you’ll learn.
1. What time is it: 11:50
2. Name as it appears on your birth certificate: dax the duck
3. Nickname dax, daxy, daxter, dax the daxter etc etc
4. Parent’s names: john and maureen
5. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake: dunno….. dont do candles i think remember the last time I had a birthday cake!
6. Date that you regularly blow them out: still talking candles??
7. Pets: none
8. Height: 6ft 2 or 188 thingies
9. Eye colour: Brown
10. Hair colour: black
11. Piercings: yes
12. Tattoos: only henna
13. How much do you love your job or jobs (1 to 10): 10
14. Birthplace: a bed…… manchester
15. Hometown: London
16. Current residence: tower bridge
17. Been in love before? Yes
18. Been to Africa? No
19. Been toilet-papering? No….. only on me bum
20. Been toilet-papered? No
21. Loved somebody so much it made you cry? oh go on then yes
22. Been in a car crash? yep
23. Croutons or Bacon Bits? Croutons
24. 2-door, 4-doors on car? 4 door
25. Coffee or Coffee ice cream? both together
26. Blanket or Stuffed animal? oh no thank you
27. Dumper or Dumpee? mmmm, been a while, but i think mostly dumper
28. Salad Dressing? oil, vinager, salt and pepper
29. Colour of socks: today white, tomorrow who knows
30. Number: 5 or 13
32. Favourite Movie: postcards form the edge
33. Quote from a movie: “get away from her you BITCH!”
34. Favourite Holiday: new york, spain, this year lake garda
35. Favourite Foods: mexican, pasta, tuna, hot and spicy stuff
36. Favourite day of the week: friday or Saturday
37. Song at the moment: saturday by joey negro
38. Favourite TV show: star trek voyager or x files
39: Toothpaste: Colgate total
40: Favorite Place: by the sea or water somewhere with the sound of the waves
41. Flower: something blue
42. Least favourite thing: going to the dentist
44. Fast Food place: wagamamas
45. When was your last hospital visit? dunno
46. Favourite drink: vodka and tonic or redbull will do nicely thank you
47. What color is your bedroom carpet? wooden floor or will be soon
48. How many times did you fail your Drivers License test? none
49. What do you think of Ouija boards? great game
50. Were do you see yourself in 10 years? that would spoil the surprize!
51. Who is the last person that you got E-mail from before this one? dino
52. Which Store would you choose to max your creditcard: second hand record shop on berwick st
53. What do you do most often when you are bored?: fantasize!!!
54. What words or phrases do you overuse?: bizarre, fantastic, dunno, what, and your point is?, you know you like it!, hello, cheers, take care, see ya…..
55. Name the person that you are friends with that lives the furtherest: was alison in glasgow…. er,… might be fiona in chester
56. Best Things: sex drugs and great music
57. Bedtime: weekdays 12 ish weekends 6 am ish
Who will respond to this fastest? oh er, dunno, pretty long this one! erm, maybe alison….
59. Who is the person you sent this to that is least likely to respond: paul
60. What time is it now? 12 05